[Mailman-Users] I have a problem...

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 12 19:44:33 CET 2003

On 12 Dec 2003, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> I have mailman set up correctly (I think); I followed the tutorial at
> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMailman.html and I've got
> the web interface set up.  During setup I told mailman that the list
> owner was michael at espersunited.com .  At the end of setup it told me
> that it was sending an email informing the list owner of the list setup,
> but I never received the email.  I went out to the website and
> subscribed myself to the both of the lists I have set up (both with
> michael at espersunited.com as the owner), and I haven't received received
> an acknowledgement or request for confirmation email.  I tried to post a
> message to my test list and it came back with a USER UNKNOWN error.
> What am I doing wrong?

     Did you put the cron and startup scripts in?  Is qrunner running?

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA | has any survival value." Arthur C. Clarke