[Mailman-Users] help!

John Bostrom jbostrom at si.rr.com
Sun Dec 21 01:08:04 CET 2003

I desperately and immediately need the capability to send email to a
database of about 3000 people, all of whom are true subscribers to our list.
We're a small office running Windows XP, with no network or server beyond
minimal disk space on a subscribed ISP server. I'm basically a former
database programmer turned web developer, and though I'm a good programmer
and a quick study, I have almost no php, perl, or other relevant mail list
coding experience. I've studied phplist and mailman and mailman looks
slightly less daunting, but I have to be able to install the package and get
it running in the next two days.
    Above all, I need something that can work with directly with our
existing Access donor database, using the existing name and email fields,
easily and smoothly converting, importing, and updating, so I don't wind up
having to spend a lot of time sorting out duplications and errors between
the database and the mailing list.
    Can someone please help me with this?
JB