[Mailman-Users] footer

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at schapachnik.com.ar
Sat Feb 1 18:14:39 CET 2003

En un mensaje anterior, Tom Neff escribió:
> If you have the ability to patch your Mailman installation, you could
> add a new variable name (like mlist.fortune) to the ALLOWEDS array in
> Mailman/Gui/Digest.py and then use the 'withlist' command to set this
> variable to a new value every so often, and include it in the msg_footer

So I did it. I also added:

self.external_footer = ''

in MailList.py:InitVars()

and

d['external_footer'] = mlist.external_footer

in Handlers/Decorate.py:process() (line 38).

I can set the footer with 'withlist', but the problem is that
previous lists don't have the external_footer field so they blow
with:

  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, name
AttributeError: external_footer

How do I add the new attribute to the existing lists?

Thanks!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
fernando at schapachnik.com.ar