[Mailman-Users] Getting Tracebacks quite a bit

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Feb 5 06:44:57 CET 2003

* Simon White (simon at mtds.com) wrote:
> I just ran check_db --verbose --all
>
> I got this during run (although all other output seemed to suggest the
> dbs were OK)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
>     qrunner.run()
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 59, in run
>     filecnt = self._oneloop()
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 88, in _oneloop
>     msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 144, in
> dequeue
>     data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 245, in
> _ext_read
>     dict = marshal.load(fp)
> ValueError: bad marshal data
>
> I also only just added the list mailman, it seemed to work, however it
> didn't email me a welcome letter or an admin notification email,
> although now test mails to the list do work.

It looks like your using mailman 2.0.something (with the presence of
qrunner).  Have you tried reloading your config.db?

# dumpdb listsdir/listdir/config.db >> temp.config
# config_list -i temp.config listname

Commands just off the top fo my head.  Use at your own risk.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

I appreciate your not breathing while I smoke