[Mailman-Users] [URGENT][SUBSCRIBERS VANISHED, No entries in LOG]

Ganeshh ganeshh at lateralsoftware.com
Fri Feb 7 06:07:04 CET 2003

Dear Lists

I am running 30 lists on mailman 2.0.8 and out of which 20 to 25 of them
are really active. The mailing system is working fine , but i like to
share with
you a strange behaviour with mailman, or maybe i dunno it could an human
error.

I added my 31st list on 23rd January and please find the below log, as
it routine exercise of creating lists and mass subscribing the members,
i didnt check the list members status on a daily level. To my surprise
of out 9 members subscribed, only 3 of them exist.

Log data for /home/mailman/logs/subscribe file

Jan 23 16:27:19 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new ghh at domain.com
Jan 23 16:27:19 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new user1 at domain.com
Jan 23 16:27:19 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new paul_r at domain.com
Jan 23 16:27:20 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new bosco at domain.com
Jan 23 16:27:20 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new quality at domain.com
Jan 23 16:27:20 2003 (29002) ow-ti: new claus at domain.com
Jan 23 16:39:56 2003 (29838) ow-ti: pending roz.sutton at domain.com
192.168.0.3
Jan 23 16:41:03 2003 (29913) ow-ti: pending claire.paszkiewicz at domain.com
192.168.0.3
Jan 23 16:42:23 2003 (29989) ow-ti: pending robert.faulkner at domain.com
192.168.0.3
Jan 23 19:25:01 2003 (6969) ow-ti: new robert.faulkner at domain.com
Jan 23 20:43:01 2003 (9498) ow-ti: new roz.sutton at domain.com
Jan 29 17:58:02 2003 (16885) ow-ti: new claire.paszkiewicz at domain.com

My subscribe log was not modified by anyone or tampered, and i dont find
any logs of members who arent existing anymore with stamp "deleted"

What could be cause of this problem...

Thanks in Advance
Ganeshh