[Mailman-Users] IGNORE::>Sendmail issues with mailman

Gordon Dahlby dahlbyg at wdm.k12.ia.us
Thu Feb 13 01:20:18 CET 2003

I visited FAQ and believe I missed the step of copying the items from create
new list to the alias file.  Sorry to bother you.

Thanks the all your work on this application,

I have had issues with my sendmail being an open relay, so I have tighten
down security.  While I know this is not your organizations responsibility,
I was wondering if anyone else had ideas.

The maillist is being treated as a send mail user and my Sendmail is
rejecting it as the "user" is not known.

Any thoughts?   {Thank you in advance for your time.}

'test4-request at media01.wdm.k12.ia.us' on 2/12/2003 3:08 PM

550 5.1.1 <test4-request at media01.wdm.k12.ia.us>... User unknown

Gordon K. Dahlby
Director of Curriculum and Technology
West Des Moines Community Schools, West Des Moines, IA 50265
ISTE SIG Technology Coordinators, Past-President (listserv
sigtc at discussion.iste.org)
dahlbyg at wdm.k12.ia.us 515.226.2686 515.226.2669(fax)
 <http://www.iste.org/sigtc/> http://www.iste.org/sigtc/