[Mailman-Users] Moderation problem

Paul Dekkers paul at vet.fnt.hvu.nl
Sun Feb 16 12:12:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I installed Mailman-2.1.1 and was wondering if it's possible to moderate
all traffic by default for most|all users: I saw the option for
emergency moderation, and in that case all mail is held for moderation,
but it sounds a bit crue.
Besides: I kind of expected mailman would send the list-moderators a
mail that there is mail to be moderated. Especially for low-volume
mailinglists there can be a moderation request for every mail sent for
as far as I'm concerned.

The last issue I found with mailman is that the password-reminder-option
is disabled for new users (?) in the general mailinglist-settings, but
new users still have their option to get a password-reminder every month
turned on: that doesn't seem so user-friendly to me (they can get a
reminder if they want to, but not by default.)

Thank you for your help,
Paul