[Mailman-Users] List Archive Link wrong if host_name set to default

Jerry Stratton jerry at sandiego.edu
Tue Feb 18 18:08:04 CET 2003

I've just upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.1.1, and the "Go to list archive" link points to lists.sandiego.edu (the value of DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in Defaults.py) as long as the list's "Host name this list prefers for email." is also set to lists.sandiego.edu.

If I change "Host name this list prefers for email" back to lists.sandiego.edu, the "Go to list archive" link reverts back to the incorrect one (DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST); it appears that if "Host name this list prefers for email" is anything except lists.sandiego.edu (i.e., I can set it to fred.sandiego.edu, barney.sandiego.edu, procmail.sandiego.edu, some of them are valid, others not), then the "Go to list archive" link uses www.sandiego.edu. Otherwise, it uses lists.sandiego.edu.

Why is this? How do I fix it? ("Host name this list prefers for email" has to remain lists.sandiego.edu.)

Jerry
jerry at sandiego.edu
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."--Douglas Adams (Mostly Harmless)