[Mailman-Users] Personalization with HTML

Andrew Snook asnook at yourwebprojects.com
Wed Feb 19 06:36:38 CET 2003

Hi everyone,
I am attempting to create a personalized mailing list that is sent in HTML
format.  I have successfully configured MailMan to allow for
personalization, and after testing it have found it to work.

What I would like to do is send out HTML e-mails where users will see
"Dear Name" within an HTML table.  I have discovered that putting "Dear
%(user_name)s," within the content rather than within the header does not
work.  Nor does using HTML within the header.

Is it possible to use the %(user_name)s within HTML?

Thanks,
Andrew