[Mailman-Users] i search what is this error of mailman ???

Thorsten Brabetz T.Brabetz at ee.qub.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 15:15:57 CET 2003

Hi there,

   Most likely your wrapper was not compiled with the right
GID. The only solution I ever found to the problem was a
complete re-install.

   If you check your system log, you will find an error
message "sript failed to execute: WANTED GID 12 GOT GID 2",
or something similar every minute. You have to find out
which group GID 12 refers to. Probably your system by
default handels all scripts as user daemon, so you have to
configure using

./configure --with-mail-gid=daemon
make install

   The other possibility is that you installed the crontab
as the wrong user (possibly root?). Become the user that
you have created to be mailman, then

$prefix/cron> crontab crontab.in

   You can check that crontab has installed correctly using
the command "crontab -l" while being the user that you want
the cron job to run under.

Hope that helps!

Thorsten