[Mailman-Users] Change mailman web port?

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 09:59:36 CET 2003

At 06:21 26/02/2003, Ian Marlier wrote:
>I'm running Mailman on a server behind a DSL line, and the DSL provider
>doesn't allow access to port 80.  So I need to run the web part of Mailman
>on another port.  I can access all of the pages fine (ie, apache is set up
>correctly), BUT
>
>all of the links, in the Mailman pages as well as the e-mails that Mailman
>generates, refer to the server name _without_ the non-standard port.
>
>Right now, mailman generates links like
>http://lists.server.com/mailman/listinfo/....
>and I need
>http://lists.server.com:8080/mailman/listinfo/....
>

>Where would I look to make this change?
>
>Thanks much,
>
>Ian

Assuming you are use MM 2.1.1, you want to override the value of the MM
configuration variable DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

Add the following line to your $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py file

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:8080/mailman/'

and then use $prefix/bin/fix_url.py to propagate the change to your
existing lists.