[Mailman-Users] ??? Mailman in parallel on Unix and Linux ???

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 02:01:13 CET 2003

Not a problem, as long as you can run a mailserver on the linux box.  I
would setup a DNS alias for the Linux box: lists.my.domain.com (include
mx records for the box).  Then setup all your lists to use:
  listname at lists.my.domain.com

Alternately you can setup forwards on the main mailserver to the lists
mailserver then use Mailman's virtual domain support to have all the
lists respond as:
  listname at my.domain.com

That's the simplest setup.  There are more complex set-ups using NFS to
share directory information and run the Mail-server and Web-server
separately.  In that scenario you would install Mailman on the Sun box
and then export those directories used by Mailman over to your Linux
web-server.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes