[Mailman-Users] Timing Question...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Wed Jan 1 08:02:31 CET 2003

Hi Chris,

Mailman has a qrunner process that runs every minute, so as long as your MTA
can keep up you should be fine.  Admin notices are configured via the web
interface to go out immediately or once a day.  I run ~25 lists and I have
never seen a difference in delivery times for list mail versus admin mail,
even if admin is a list.  Out of the box Sendmail doesn't handle bulk mail
delivery too swiftly.  I use sendmail but have it spawn a dozen queue
handlers in addition to the inbound handler.  This dramatically increases
its ability to move mail.

On another note, Rekonstruction looks very promising... minor concern for
the Wil effect though.  ;)

-Jim P.

http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jimpop%40rocketship.com