[Mailman-Users] vhosts (does it ever end?)

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 2 23:07:01 CET 2003

    AMK>     Under MM2.0.x I created separate installations for
    AMK> different virtual hosts.  This allowed me to create the same
    AMK> list name, on a different virtual host without having mailman
    AMK> conflict.  Now, with MM2.1, how should I continue to do this?

MM2.1 doesn't lift this restriction, so your best bet is to continue
your current approach.  However, there /is/ a semi-supported extension
mechanism that you might be able to use to share one installation to
do it all.  See the Mailman/Site.py file for details, although there's
no guarantee this will give you enough of a hook.

-Barry