[Mailman-Users] Install issue on Mac OS 10.2.3

Jean-Michel Biraghi jmb at 4dhispano.com
Tue Jan 7 11:27:37 CET 2003

Hi John,

Developer Tools downloading and installing was OK. I took advantage of
the downloading time to learn some terminal basics. It was useful : I'm
now 0,01 % better than before :-)

Still refering to Kathleen's guide, I'm still in trouble from step 5-h

Step 5-h : the /var/mail folder was already set for mail group... so I
wonder if there is an error... I was expecting mailman group... Am I
right ?

Step 6-a

[ O r d e n a d o r -
 d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   / S y s t e m / L i b r a r y / S t a r t u p I t e m s / S e n d m a i l / S e n d m a i l   s t a r t
 S t a r t i n g   m a i l   s e r v i c e s
 4 5 1   4 . 0 . 0   / e t c / m a i l / s e n d m a i l . c f :   l i n e   9 3 :   f i l e c l a s s :   c a n n o t   o p e n   ' / e t c / m a i l / l o c a l - h o s t - n a m e s ' :   G r o u p   w r i t a b l e   d i r e c t o r y

local-host-names file is set on "read only". Is it normal ?

 [ O r d e n a d o r - d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   m 4   / u s r / s h a r e / s e n d m a i l / c o n f / m 4 / c f . m 4   / e t c / m a i l / c o n f i g . m c   >   / t m p / s e n d m a i l . c f
 [ O r d e n a d o r - d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   m v   / e t c / m a i l / s e n d m a i l . c f   / e t c / m a i l / s e n d m a i l . c f . o l d
 [ O r d e n a d o r - d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   m v   / t m p / s e n d m a i l . c f   / e t c / m a i l / s e n d m a i l . c f
 [ O r d e n a d o r - d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   m a k e m a p   h a s h   / e t c / m a i l / a c c e s s   <   / e t c / m a i l / a c c e s s
 W A R N I N G :   G r o u p   w r i t a b l e   d i r e c t o r y   /

What do you think about this warning ?

 [ O r d e n a d o r - d e - j m b : / u s r / a d m / s m . b i n ]   j m b %   s u d o   n e w a l i a s e s
 / e t c / m a i l / a l i a s e s :   l i n e   1 :   a l i a s   l i n e   t o o   l o n g
 / e t c / m a i l / a l i a s e s :   0   a l i a s e s ,   l o n g e s t   0   b y t e s ,   0   b y t e s   t o t a l

Well.. what's wrong here ?...

Thanks to all...

Jean-Michel Biraghi
4D Hispano