[Mailman-Users] Excessive CPU usage

Rikard Florin rikard at ratblast.net
Tue Jul 1 08:57:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Barry Warsaw did make a change in the CVS a short while ago to help deal
> with this class of problem. Take a look at:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mailman/mailman/Mailman/Queue/OutgoingRunner.py

I'm running mailman 2.1.2 and having serious problems with CPU usage, is
there any chance to have a patch for the above CVS changes or something?
I don't know if it's the solution to my problems, but right now mailman
is eating about 80-90% of my CPU time and I have to try something.

I'm not running any huge lists which would require heavy archiving or
anything so the above mentioned problem seemed like a possibility, but if
someone has got a better suggestion I'm all ears... :)

my setup: python 2.3, postfix, mailman 2.1.2, Mac OS X 10.3 DP

cheers,
rikard