[Mailman-Users] Error in MassSubscription

Bruce Embrey embrey at hood.edu
Tue Jul 1 20:45:36 CEST 2003

Mailman List:

I received the following traceback when trying to do a Mass Subscription
from a text file.

Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
     main()
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 169, in main
     change_options(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 1263, in change_options
     send_admin_notif, invitation)
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 888, in ApprovedAddMember
     kind, formataddr((email, name)))
   File "/var/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 106, in formataddr
     return '%s%s%s <%s>' % (quotes, name, quotes, address)
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

I have been able to import other files but this file is the result raw data
output from a sql query. If I copy and paste these addresses into the box I
am able to add them to the list. My goal is to automate this by using the
remove_memmbers to empty the list and add_members to repopulate the list
nightly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce Embrey
Bruce Embrey

Bruce Edward Embrey : VMS Systems Manager
Campus Email Admin : UNIX / Linux Administrator
Hood College : embrey at hood.edu : Phone (301)696-3927