[Mailman-Users] Re: Templates

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 13:02:12 CEST 2003

At 08:59 02/07/2003, Timothy Arnold wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>I have edited most of the template files in template/en (for our English
>mailing lists).

I hope you noted the words of the comment I quoted in my previous post "You
should never modify files in the templates/<language> subdirectory, since
Mailman will overwrite these when you upgrade.  That's what the
templates/site language directories are for". Pity to lose all the good
work on the next upgrade.

>They all work fine. I have even edited the header.html & footer.html for
>ht://Dig (btw, is there any way to configure the mailman integration to
>change the mailinglist.conf file to point header & footer to the lists
>search directory instead of $COMMON?)
>
>The only pages left to edit are the listinfo page for the 'lists of
>lists', the subscriber options page, and the admin interface. I cannot
>figure out what template files these are generated by. I looked in
>listinfo.py and could not find any reference to html code at all!

>all nice and branded

That looks good

>branded. How do I make the lists of lists look like every other part of
>the site?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Timothy

<snip>