[Mailman-Users] Searchable Archives

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 14:27:43 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 01:25, Peter Russell wrote:
> Hi there, i want to add the searchable archives interface that the7y have
> at www.list.org. I have found in the FAQ some links to various patches etc
> - but to be honest there are so many i havent a clue as to which one i
> need, or whihc need to be applied first before installing the searchable
> patch.
>
> Does anyone know of a tutorial or easy 1, 2, 3 guide to getting this
> working on default Red Hat 9/Mailman machines? I dont ev en know what
> version of mailman it is, it says 2.1 on the admin webpage, but no other
> details.
>
> Kind regards and thanks
> Pete

Looks like they are using Mhonarc as the archiver, and htdig as the
search engine. The FAQ has an overview of using Mhonarc with Mailman.
Mhonarc's docs are also very good.

You would use Mhonarc to replace Pipermail (the simple default archiver
that ships with Mailman). The integration of HTDig with Mhonarch is
documented on the Mhonarc site and the HTDig site.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes