[Mailman-Users] Staggering delivery? Howto?

Angel Gabriel badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 00:10:52 CEST 2003

Is it possible for me to set mailman to deliver, say, 20 mails a minute?
The list is a oneway list for announcements only, but as soon as people
recieve the message, they all come and check the website, which is
hosted on the same machine, this chews on my bandwith, and brings my
machine to it's knees. Sometimes the requests time out, and people get
pissed off.

I mean getting a thousand hits in the space of ten seconds is great,
it's just QoS (Quality of service) that's affected