[Mailman-Users] porky.devel.redhat.com

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Mon Jul 14 13:58:32 CEST 2003

On Sunday 13 July 2003 09:37 pm, Jerry Rasmussen wrote:
> I am getting this on a list that I have set up.  I am new to mailman.
> The list should read http://mailman.scriptthis.net/mailman... but
> instead I get http://porky.devel.redhat.com/mailman... I am sure that I
> have missed something but cannot find it anywhere.  I am running RedHat
> 9 and installed mailman from RPM. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry Rasmussen

This is because you haven't properly configured your mailing list. You still
have some work to do. You need...

Final Touches

Now, it's time to access the mailing list administration web interface and
polish some of the information. Visit the General Options link, and make sure
that the information shown is right, specialy:

    * Public name of the list
    * List admin's email addresses (make sure that there's at least 2)
    * Phrase identifying the list
    * Prefix for subject line
    * Host name this list prefers: enter "yourdomain.com"
    * Base URL for Mailman interface. For example:
http://lists.yourdomain.com/mailman/. Remember to delete any trailing spaces
from cut-and-paste!!

Also, visit the Privacy Options link, and make sure that the options are OK
with the pourpose of the list. One advice: set "What steps are required for
subscription?" to "require aproval". Send a test message, check that it has
got to the list archive and then logout.

Regards,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com