[Mailman-Users] Group Mismatch Error

Mensah K. Agbessitse mensahk at ghana.com
Wed Jul 16 16:45:08 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I hope thiscommand is use to test deliver: " /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

Whenever I run this command I get this errors in  /var/log/maillog:

1- Jul 16 12:30:49 list Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group "exim".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=exim'.

2- Jul 16 12:30:49 list Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "exim", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "exim", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

My problem is that when I try rebuilding mailman with the command "--with-mail-gid=mailman" It  would ask me to re-run it with the command "--with-mail-gid=exim" and this loop continues. The OS is FreeBSD 4.5 on which I am running exim.

Thanks