[Mailman-Users] MailMan & External Archiver

Olivier Carmona carmona at k-team.com
Thu Jul 17 19:10:16 CEST 2003

I am using MailMan 2.1.2 and Python 2.2.3 under Redhat 6.2 . I do not
think that the kind of external archiver I use matters.

When using external archiver options, I found that if the command stdout
is not redirected then the archiver returns status OK and on stderr a
SIGPIPE signal caught.

PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = '/path/to/myarchiver >/tmp/myarchiver.log'
-> WORKS
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = '/path/to/myarchiver >/tmp/myarchiver.log'
-> DO NOT WORK

I am not a python expert so it might that the following recommendation
in Default.py, implicitly warns about it, and if this is the case, it
would be very much appreciable to write it down explicitly.

 ># being archived will be substituted for this.  Please note that
os.popen() is
 ># used.

By the way, it would be great to mention in INSTALL that Default.py can
be changed but that any change to Default.py imply to restart mailman
init script in order for the changes to be taken into account.

Best regards,

--
Olivier