[Mailman-Users] RE Postfix + Mailman - will not connect

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:51:51 CEST 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:08 AM, Peter Toft wrote:

> On tor, 2003-07-24 at 07:22, Kristen Doyle wrote:
>> Please check if mailmanctl is running if it isnt cd into the mailman
>> dir and
>> run bin/mailmanctl start this will start the master qrunner process.
>> This is
>> the program that handles the mail from the MTA
>
> You are close :)
> But I do not understand what this "Site list" is?
>
> # bin/mailmanctl start
> Site list is missing: mailman

The INSTALL file in the Mailman build directory says:

<quote>
     - Create a "site-wide" mailing list.  This is the one that
       password reminders will appear to come from.  Usually this
       should be the "mailman" mailing list, but if you need to change
       this, be sure to change the MAILMAN_SITE_LIST variable in
       mm_cfg.py (see below).

           % bin/newlist mailman

       Follow the prompts, and see the README file for more
       information.

</quote>

> --
> Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto at linuxbog.dk] http://pto.linux.dk
>
>   First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
>   then they fight you, then you win.
>   -- Mahatma Ghandi

But did he say anything about reading the manual?