[Mailman-Users] Re Postfix + Mailman will not connect

Peter Toft pto at linuxbog.dk
Thu Jul 24 22:33:09 CEST 2003

On tor, 2003-07-24 at 19:04, Kristen Doyle wrote:
> The site list is where most errors go and stuff like that add a list called
> mailman with bin/newlist after you do that the mailmanctl will start.

Rock and roll!

The Red Hat package apparently needed two thing.
It standard added a "mailman" mail-alias, but I
needed to remove that alias and make the mailman-list.

Subsequently I needed to run the init-script to initiate
mailman (The similar Mandrake mailman-RPM package does not have
that at all).

I also added this to mm_cfg.py (I read about errors there) - don't
know whether it mattered :-)
MAILMAN_UID = 41
MAILMAN_GID = 41

--