[Mailman-Users] Mailman Question

Steven Poulakos poulakos at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 28 22:47:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

question below two times (about 1 month ago and again last Friday) and
hadn't received a response.  I'm getting in a time crunch to find a
solution.  So, if you could please provide me with any advice, I would
really appreciate it.

Here's the question:

I would like to allow a listowner to subscribe/unsubscribe users by
sending emails to Mailman.   Those emails would come from the list
owner's email address and contain a password if needed.  I would then
like to do the following actions:

1.  Subscribe (not invite) the user
2.  Not send a welcome message

3.  Unsubscribe the user

I want this email functionality so that I can integrate (un)subscribe
features with a Perl user profile script that I'm developing.

Could you please tell me if this functionality is possible?  If so, how
can I do it?

THanks,
Steve