[Mailman-Users] Attachments Possible?

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Wed Jul 30 23:59:44 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:50:03 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>"Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave
>this field blank to skip this filter test.":
>
>multipart/mixed
>multipart/alternative
>text/plain

if you read the instruction, you want to remove the two multipart

It is poorly written and confusing but if you turn it around, it says "keep
attachments that do have a matching type."

actually, you (I) do not want ANY attachment.  PERIOD!!

that is why I do not like this system of content or pass filtering.
I simply want to state, PLAIN TEXT only, NO attachments period.

that then gives me exactly what I want.

leaving the text/plain is a lesser of two evils.
also, that does little for .vcf, .pdf, html, ad infin. file types.
some of those are not multipart formatted.

sigh
chas