[Mailman-Users] HTDIG patches! Arghh!

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 17:41:01 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 14:52, Adam Lipson wrote:
>  I am trying to figure out how to integrate Mailman with HTdig as we
> speak.  The problem I have run into is that I can't find documentation
> on how install the patch with the RPM version of mailman.  I have
> searched thru the archives on gmane.org and google groups to figure
> out how to use them with the RPM and unfortunately can't find an
> answer.  Can someone point me to a URL for this?

Get the source rpm for mailman, install that, edit the spec file - add
the patch to the header section and patch it in in the %prep section.
Modify the release number or maybe the name (if you don't want any
autoupdater to wreck things for you). Rebuild the rpm.

Be aware that there are problems with the mailman rpm build process
which increase the risks of it trashing things on an upgrade.  If you
have a non-rpm install do not move to an rpm install unless you *really*
know what you are doing and check all the paths and uids.

	Nigel.