[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.2

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 18:48:15 CEST 2003

At 17:26 26/06/2003, jsmith wrote:
>Richard,
>
>This was working before with this config of sendmail.  I am setting it
>lower for testing and see if that fixes it.  Do you happen to know where
>that setting is for sendmail?

In /usr/share/sendmail/README of the Linux box that runs my Mailman lists I
found:

<quote>
confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE  MaxRecipientsPerMessage
                                         [infinite] If set, allow no more than
                                         the specified number of recipients in
                                         an SMTP envelope.  Further recipients
                                         receive a 452 error code (i.e., they
                                         are deferred for the next delivery
                                         attempt).
</quote>

and /usr/share/sendmail/m4/proto.m4 contains:

_OPTION(MaxRecipientsPerMessage, `confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE', `100')

but /etcsendmail.cf contains:

#O MaxRecipientsPerMessage=100

which being commented out presumably doesn't affect operation of the
Snedmail instance.

But I am not a Sendmail expert. I've put this back onto the list in case
someone out there is.