[Mailman-Users] why does this happen and can it be fixed?

Adam Lipson adaml at jbase.com
Fri Jun 27 19:08:41 CEST 2003

One of my users has complained about the digest version in 2.0.x (yes I know an upgrade is being worked on).  Here are the problems (there are three).  Is this a problem with the MTA, mailman, the client?  I use outlook and the original messages come across just fine it just appears in the digest.  Will an upgrade fix this?

When it is set to MIME he gets large chunks of junk that outlook does not recognize like this:

Then also email appears poorly formatted like this:

			When someone like person one (the guy that
wrote the original PICK
			ACCESS language) comments about how hard it is
to convert to jBASE, when

Finally sometimes email comes across like this

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D608551320-26062003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
probably didn't mean to send this to the whole list did you=20