[Mailman-Users] Files that contain list of subscribed users...

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Thu Mar 6 17:19:51 CET 2003

These are in the ~/mailman/lists/<list_name/config.db & config.pck files
(depending on the version of Mailman your running).

You can add & remove subscribers from the command line using
~/mailman/bin/add_members & remove_members.

Your problem will be setting user options (digest, plain, etc...) from the
commandline, I had to create my own utilities to set these options.
(most are set by list configuration, may not be a problem with your list)

Look at ~/mailman/bin/list_members for an example as to how you can read the
config.pck

Hope This Helps!

Quoting James Jones <jam at gsu.edu>:

> I am trying to switch from Majordomo to Mailman. I have Mailman working now.
> Does anybody know where mailman stores its list of subscribed users for each
> list? I'd like to be able to "look" in a file and be able to manipulate the
> listing from an external program (I deal with students that add and drop
> classes or just withdraw).
>
> How does Mailman store this kind of information?
>
> James Jones
> Technology Coordinator
> GSU College of Law
> jam at gsu.edu