[Mailman-Users] database error message when upgraded to 2.1.2; CPU PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat May 3 00:47:50 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 17:59, NOW Website Coordinator wrote:

> Once I changed it to 550, restarted Postfix, and then (this part is
> important) deleted some (bad local addresses) messages from the out qfiles
> folder, restarted mailman.... the CPU usage went down to around 0% from 98%.

I'm working on a patch to make Mailman more robust against these kinds
of problems with the MTA.  By moving tempfailures off to a different
queue and checking that queue must less frequently (e.g. once every 15
minutes by default), we can rein in cpu usage in this situation.

Coming to a cvs near you RSN.
-Barry