[Mailman-Users] Is there a mass unsubscribe utility / widget / input form?

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Fri May 16 00:50:11 CEST 2003

Hi,

Just as there is a mass subscribe form in the web interface for MM, I'd like
a mass UNSUBCRIBE. This (wish list) form could have a field to NUKE names
from an existing list.

Advice welcome.

I often take a snapshot of one list -- combine it with another. Then send
out an invite. But, there are some in the past that I have as "do-not-mail."
When I do the list combines I get that overlap and need to weed again.

So, I'd love to have some utility that would scrub the list or mass
UNsubscribe.

Others in a biz, political or even a REGIONAL setting might find this useful
too. Case in point: I'd like to invite those in PA and Ohio with a new list
(email invite) but not invite those in W.Va. So, I build a new list from
existing lists of Pittsburgh and 2nd list, Cleveland. Fine, its easy to
combine lists. But the sticking point is how to then scrub out the know
overlaps from W.Va. I'll want to remove some from the combined new lists
using a DO-NOT-MAIL list. Hence, the mass Un-subscribe or the need for a
SCRUB utility.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at Rauterkus.com  http://Rauterkus.com
http://CLOH.Org   http://Sunnyhill.org    http://www.Deliberate.com

Pittsburgh Interfaith Impact Network's first 'Public Action' was Feb 20,
2003 at Wesley Center A.M.E.-Zion Church. Thanks for lending your power to
this effort and its Youth & Recreation Task Force. http://dorm.cloh.org