[Mailman-Users] Aliases ...

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Mon May 19 00:32:16 CEST 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003 23:36:14 +0200, you wrote:

> Maybe you should start reading up on how email
>works in general before you mess with mailinglist software ?

had to calm down.
my point is this.  Yahoogroups, in case you live in outer Botswana, is about to
start charging for their email lists.  When that happens, and I am sort of the
front of the wave if not even further back than that, there are going to be
literally tens of thousands of list owners looking for a perfectly simple and
yahoo like mail program which does not require learning all about MTAs and
other, ancillary programs which should be in the main software already - so as
to be able to take their lists to a webhost and move on without the charges
which are going to otherwise have to be passed on to the listmembers.
I have a dozen elists.  I have been running lists since back when they were BBS
and fidonet.  I go WAY back to the beginning of pc's and like that.
I am unable to learn programming because since I started taking morphine for my
Agent Orange caused tumors, I have lost the ability to do the sysanalyst and db
SQL writing I used to do.
I am looking for a knock off of Yahoo or Egroups or Onelist's software so that I
can move my lists to my piece of the inet.
If I cannot expect to find help on this list or any other which mailman is
"supported" by, then I would be best served by going with a piece of crap like
the old standbys of ListServ and so on.  gag!
that is enuff
Again, I just hope you are not the voice of this list.
Further, where is a url in the message footer showing where to go to access the
archives?

fwiw
chas