[Mailman-Users] Problem with configuration

Bruno António bantonio at di.fc.ul.pt
Thu May 22 20:35:11 CEST 2003

      Hello,

      I have a problem in configurating my mailman server, and the
problem is this.
      I need that the http addresses of the pages (example the admin
page or the listinfo page) changes from the name of the machine to an
alias for example:

      If my server is called "xpto.site.com" i want the http addresses
in all mailman web pages to change to "http://remotelist.site.com".

      The problem is that i have a web proxy that is known to the world,
and the mailman server is not, so i want my web-proxy to handle all the
requests for the mailman

        I have tried to change in mm__cfg.py the following lines, and
restarted mailman but it produced no efect, because i have created a
list afterwards and the links still have the "wrong" host.

I have changed from
 SERVER_NAME = 'xpto.site.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'xpto.site.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'xpto.site.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

to.
 SERVER_NAME = 'remotelist.site.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'remotelist.site.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'remotelist.site.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

Can anyone give me a hand solving this problem, thanks for the help.

--
Bruno António,
Administração de Sistemas do Dep. de Informática da Fac. de Ciências da