[Mailman-Users] bin/mailmanctl start

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun May 25 18:03:45 CEST 2003

If the error message can be believed then you are missing some python
modules. This is a common problem with default Distribution installs of
Python.  The distributions only include the modules used by their
default apps.

Another problem is that RPM maintainers for Mailman often overlook the
Python requirements in their rpm-requires for Mailman.

Try installing every rpm from your distribution that has "python" in
it.  For Mandrake 9.1 I posted a message last month that pointed to all
the rpm's that needed to be loaded. Mdk 9.0 probably has similar
requirements.

Searchable Archives:

Jon Carnes