[Mailman-Users] Wahoo!

Marko Leer marko at dsv.nl
Tue May 27 00:13:49 CEST 2003

Hi Jon & all,

Monday, May 26, 2003, 10:34:02 PM, you wrote:

JC> What version of Mailman are you running?  For versions below 2.1.x see
JC> the FAQ entry 3.14.  It's helpful for versions 2.1.x as well, but not as
JC> complete.

I'm running Mailman 2.1.2 on FreeBSD 4.8. I tried a mailman-like URL
on my server and got:

<Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
wrapper script to be executed as group "www", but
the system's web server executed the CGI script as
group "nobody".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
script as group "www", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=nobody'.>

I used <./configure --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=nobody>

JC> For version 2.1.x make sure you are running Mailmanctl.

It quits saying <Site list is missing: mailman>

JC> Also make sure to create the group "mailman" as your first mailman
JC> group, then add your email as member of the group.

Should the first group really be called "mailman"? I had it named
something different, put the aliasses in place but did not receive the
email I was promised...