[Mailman-Users] approving / editing messages in the administrative database queue

Kenneth Bruyninckx kenneth at drosera.be
Thu May 29 09:17:24 CEST 2003

Hello,

This one had got me baffled and after having checked both archives and
available documentation I need your help on this.

I have, like anybody else I'm sure, from time to time some bounces on the
list.
These bounces are caused by the usual things like "admin requests",
"non-member submission" and "message longer than x Kb".

Now my problem is with the last type. I have set a limit of 10 Kb for a
single message as some people just hit reply on a digest and do not remove
the previous discussions :-(
So I get this message in the administrative database awaiting my action. Now
the action needed is to "trim"/delete part of the mail.

1) why is it not possible to "edit" the message from within the webpages,
because that is where I "look" at them in the first place

2) if the above is not possible, can someone explain me the exact and most
efficient (!) method of forwarding +  approving the message.

I have read that you should include an Approved: header, but I must be doing
something wrong.

Suppose the following message: