[Mailman-Users] Edit welcome e-mail text

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Wed Nov 5 01:18:19 CET 2003

I think the answer is in:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.11

How to create a customized welcome message that avoids mentioning how to
post to the list:

  In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create
  a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
  templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file
  for your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized
  template for the English welcome messages.

Pablo