[Mailman-Users] Re: Web interface to mailing list

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri Nov 28 19:29:26 CET 2003

At 02:25 PM 11/21/2003, you wrote:
>I'm wondering if there is some software that is a web interface to a gnu
>mailman mailing list that would allow people to log in and send/read
>messages to the list.. and mailman would of course retain its original
>functionality where users could do everything from their email client as
>well.

Davy,

      I've been working on this since last Christmas.  I have a prototype
that is running some lists on my server, but I'm still trying to work out
some minor problems and inconveniences.  I intend to make the modifications
available at some point, but I am going to have to extract the changes for
the web interface from the other modifications I've made.  The former does
not change any of Mailman's python files, the latter do.

      I've got a test list at
http://svr01.thcwd.com/mailman/listinfo/mm-p-f-a - feel free to join it and
play around a bit.  It's currently inactive, but there are some beta testes
subbed.  There are a few improvements/changes I've made to production lists
that are not here yet, but you will get the idea.

<>< Paul