[Mailman-Users] List of All Subscribers

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 00:59:27 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 16:59, Rob Day wrote:
> My organization recently switched from Majordomo to Mailman. We are *very*
> happy with the change to say the least.
> One of my list owners needs to get a list of all subscribers for a
> particular list and she needs to do this frequently. She does not have shell
> access to the box running Mailman. With Majordomo it was a simple matter of
> sending Majordomo the "who" command. Is there something comparable in
> Mailman? The web interface doesn't solve the problem because it doesn't show
> all subscribers at once.
> I was about to set up a cron job to email her the list of subscribers
> weekly, but I thought I'd check with this list first. Is there a Mailman
> equivalent for the Majordomo command "who"? Thanks.
> -Rob

Oddly enough Rob, there is a similar command for Mailman.  It's called
the "who" command.  It works pretty much exactly like the majordomo one.

For a list of commands take a peek at:
  ~mailman/Mailman/Commands

You can parse the commands through more to look at them and see what
each one does. As an example, here is a portion of the file cmd_who.py

======
PUBLICHELP = _("""
    who
        See everyone who is on this mailing list.
""")

MEMBERSONLYHELP = _("""
    who password [address=<address>]
        See everyone who is on this mailing list.  The roster is
        limited to list members only, and you must supply your
        membership password to retrieve it.  If you're posting
        from an address other than your membership address,
        specify your membership address with `address=<address>'
        (no brackets around the email address, and no quotes!)
""")

ADMINONLYHELP = _("""
    who password
        See everyone who is on this mailing list.  The roster is
        limited to list administrators and moderators only; you
        must supply the list admin or moderator password to
        retrieve the roster.
""")

======

This one of the many, many reasons I love working with Mailman. I hope
you find this helpful.

Jon Carnes