[Mailman-Users] Re: not allowing mass-subscription (web interface)

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Sat Oct 4 01:34:30 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 07:07:54PM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:

> This would be a fairly simple hack to the source.  You would simply grep
> for the option you want to comment out and when you find it in the
> source, comment it out.  Then it won't appear in the web pages (that
> would be for every list).

Right.

I was hoping that it was configurable in some way so that we don't have
to end up maintaining too many local changes, but I'll keep this in
mind.

Now that Mailman is more suited to announce-only lists, it would make
sense to have an option like this, as a site administrator may want to
prevent users from abusing Mailman to send spam.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."