[Mailman-Users] admin notifications for held messages

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 23:26:10 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 09:05  pm, Saurav Pathak wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am using mailman 2.1.1 and redhat 9.
>
> when the list admin receives a notification for a held message, the
> entire original mail is appended at the bottom.  how can this be
> disabled,
> so that only the short and crisp notification is sent to the list
> admin?  i have looked at the admin webpages, Default.py and the FAQ,
> but did not see anything that could help me.

There is a patch available which when applied to MM source makes the
inclusion of the original mail in the notification to the list admin a
per-list option which can be set via the admin web GUI.

As it stands, the patch has to be applied to the Mailman source
distribution and there are only versions for MM 2.1.2 and MM 2.1.3

That said, it will probably work with earlier versions of MM 2.1 or can
be trivially adapted to work with them. The code changes themselves are
really quite small and could be added by hand to an installed system if
you really wanted to.

Take a look at the patch at the UR~L below, it is just a text file
containing unified diff format and quite man readable:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
?func=detail&aid=760567&group_id=103&atid=300103