[Mailman-Users] MM 2.1.3 version Mailman-htdig integration patches available

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 22:19:57 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 02:13  pm, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Richard, I love your patches and install them regularly for each
> version
> of Mailman.  In fact, I wait for your patches to come out before
> upgrading!
> <Where should I send the beer?>

Thanks for the kind words and thought.

> It is really a shame that they are not included in the original Source
> Code. I think in our last straw poll of the users, the consensus of the
> group was overwhelmingly in favor of rolling your code into the Source.
> We may simply need to provide an alternate download location that has
> your code already patched into the source - and an rpm made from that
> source.  I believe some folks have already done this on a piece-meal
> basis.

As a first step I have done what you suggested and built some patched
MM source distributions. They are posted on my own web site at

If you were interested in cooking an RPM version to post there too ...

Originally, the only reason I set up my www.openinfo.co.uk site with
Mailman patches on it was because of problems a release or two back,
when uploading the revised #444884 patch to sourceforge broke some
configured in memory limit on their PHP page rendering code.

The problem recurred on 1st October when I uploaded the revised #444884
patch for MM 2.1.3 and I am still waiting for something other than a
canned response from the support folks at sourceforge. See:

Richard Barrett                               http://www.openinfo.co.uk