[Mailman-Users] Dealing with posts from non-subscribers efficiently

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 13:44:48 CEST 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, John Winters wrote:

> Is there any way to tell Mailman that when I say, "Non-subscribers are
> not allowed to post to this list" I really mean it and don't want to be
> consulted individually each time?  That is, posts from non-subscribers
> get a bounce message and are automatically discarded, rather than
> requiring me to confirm each discard.

[Mailman 2.1] On Privacy Options -> Sender Filters, the option one above
the bottom: 'Action to take for postings from non-members for which no
explicit action is defined.'.  Select the option of your choice: Discard
to just throw them away, Reject to send a bounce.

The option underneath specifies whether you should get sent a copy of
discarded messages.  I have this set to 'Yes' just in case someone posts
from an unknown address.

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 6630
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK