[Mailman-Users] Code to view subscriber list on listinfo page

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Wed Oct 15 05:45:42 CEST 2003

My lists are configured so that only the list admin can view subscriber
info on the listinfo page.  But quite a few people have been calling asking
what the admin password is so they can view the list (even though it says
right there on the page in ITALICS that this is for the administrator
only).  I've come to the conclusion that I need to take that code off the
page.  But I don't see it in listinfo.html and can't understand the logic
of where it's including it from.  Assuming I can find where it's getting
that part of the page from, would there be any problem in removing it from
this page?

In the same vein, administrators are asking for a way to see all
subscribers, not just by letter of the alphabet.  I've told some how to get
the list emailed to them with a mail command to Mailman, but the list on
the listinfo page that I want to move is what they're asking for.  They
would like to be able to get to it from the admin page and not have it on
the public page.  Is this possible - moving that code to the admin page?

Thanks!

Allan