[Mailman-Users] Subject: Two digest questions

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Mon Oct 20 20:06:12 CEST 2003

Paul H Byerly wrote:

>      My lists are set to generate a digest daily even if it's not full.
> This is occurring at noon server time.  Anyone know where I can change
> that time?  A quick perusal of the FAQ did not give me an answer

It is set off by a cron job.  Try looking at the results of:
crontab -u mailman -l

You can change it there.

>      It also seems that the digests send well before reaching the 45 Kb
> limit I've set.  In fact i moved on up to 50 Kb, and it's yet to reach
> 40 Kb.  Not a big deal, just seems odd when the average post is 3 to 7
> Kb.  Mostly curious about the inner workings on this one.

Well, note that your first paragraph says you have set it to send a
digest daily, whether or not it is full.

Are you saying that some days you send out two digests and the first one
is only 40 KB?

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own