[Mailman-Users] member_posting_only issue under 2.0.6

Cole List at fj45.com
Sat Oct 25 03:03:58 CEST 2003

Until very recently I was running Lyris which I was fairly happy with. However edicts came down from above and I am now trying to fine tune the configuration of Mailman 2.0.6 which I inherited from someone else. In short I am very new to Mailman.

I have set the member_posting_only to "yes" which holds non-members posts for administrative review. However what I want to do is to configure Mailman to auto-reply to non-member posts with a message indicating that the message was rejected, why it was rejected, and whom to contact if they require further assistance. This is my last remaining configuration hurdle.

I have already searched the web and read through all of the documentation which I have determine how to configure Mailman to auto-reply to non-member posts instead of holding them for administrative review.  However I can not find any information regarding how to make this configuration change. I would appreciate any assistance or tips this forum can offer to me.

Regards
-E