[Mailman-Users] Mailman error

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Oct 25 22:12:02 CEST 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 03:08:24PM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Version 2.0.13 is perfectly respectable.
>
> Is the server admin address *really* set to "you at your.address"?

Not intentionally...

Where does this originate? And is that the cause of my problem?

> In anycase, you should be able to look in the qfiles and move the files
> out of there and the list should start going again.

Actually, I have never had it working yet.

> If there are a lot
> of files, you might want to put some back after everything is running
> and see if they go though.  You probably just have a bad message
> (corrupt header) or a mis-config for your admin address.

Possibly so, but the only config file I am aware of is mm_cfg.py and there
isn't much in it.

> Oh, and with that version, you'll also have to go into the lock files
> and delete any of them that aren't in use.  The files have the name of
> the process that is running as a part of their name, so a "ps ax" will
> reveal whether the process is still running or not.

Actually, I'm not using Unix, but I'm told this port does work.

> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

Cheers,

--
John