[Mailman-Users] Renaming and Moving List to a different Sub-Domain

Rafael Fischmann rafael at macmagazine.com.br
Sat Oct 25 11:00:08 CEST 2003

Dear Mailman Staff,

First of all, sorry for bothering you with this support message, but I
need help with two basic things in Mailman and I don't know where is
the best place to look for it. If you can help me I'd be glad for it,
otherwise I'd love if you could direct me for the best place to get
these information.

I have several lists in my server <http://macmagazine.com.br> and,
before the number of them and the number of members inside them gets to
big, I want to create a pattern for the lists' names and locations.

I'll take one of the lists, as you can see in
<http://macmagazine.com.br/mailman/listinfo>, as an example for what I
want to do. With the instructions handy I'll be able to apply that in
all the others.

FinalCut-BR is at <finalcutbr at macmagazine.com.br>. First of all, I need
to rename the list to simply <finalcut at macmagazine.com.br> or even
<finalcutpro at macmagazine.com.br> which will be better for us. Besides
that, I want to move the list to the sub-domain "listas," making it go
to <finalcutpro at listas.macmagazine.com.br>.

How can that be made? We're using Mailman 2.1.2 in cPanel 8.5.3 -
STABLE 3.

Thanks and regards,
-Rafael